Due to the latest government Tier 4 Stay at Home restrictions for BerkshireReading UK and Reading Borough Council have unfortunately decided to cancel the Twilight Trail. This is not a decision that's been taken lightly, but the safety of our staff, ticket holders and wider community must remain the number one priority.
Please review the below FAQs for more information.
Given the latest government restrictions in place across Berkshire, we have taken the decision to cancel the Twilight Trail to protect the safety of our staff, ticket holders and wider community.
Yes, if you purchased a ticket between 20 December – 3 January, we will automatically issue a refund on to the same payment method you used to purchase the tickets. Refunds will be processed in date order (starting from 20 December bookings) and will be issued by 29 January 2021. We ask that you please do bear with us while we work through these and only contact us if you have not received your refund by the end of January.
Refunds will be processed in date order (starting from 20 December bookings) and will be issued by 29 January 2021. We ask that you please do bear with us while we work through these and only contact us if you have not received your refund by the end of January.
Please note we have received an exceptionally high number of queries and are working through a large volume of refunds. We regret we are currently unable to respond to each individual enquiry, but please rest assured our team is working as quickly as possible.
Nothing! If you purchased a ticket between 20 December - 3 January you will automatically be issued with a refund. This will be issued on to the same payment method you used to purchase the tickets.
We understand some other light trails are continuing to operate under Tier 4 restrictions, however we have taken the difficult decision to cancel Reading’s Twilight Trail, given the latest government guidance. We understand this may be disappointing, but Reading Borough Council and Reading UK have a joint responsibility to protect the safety of Reading’s residents, staff and the wider community and this must remain our priority. The government’s key message for Tier 4 urges residents to stay at home, and given the gravity of the new fast spreading virus variant, we felt the most responsible action would be to cancel this event. hope you understand the reasoning behind this unfortunate decision and hope to see the trail return next year.
- Purchased tickets and booking fees cannot be refunded under any circumstances other than event cancellation.
- Please make sure to keep your ticket purchase confirmation email and only print it if absolutely necessary.
- Anyone aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times..
- Proof of age may be requested at the point of entry and at the bars.
- The twilight trail may refuse admission or eject a ticket holder for unreasonable or dangerous behaviour.
- Ticket holders may be subject to being searched on entry.
- No animals (except guide dogs) are permitted into the festival site.
- No glass (bottles, jars etc) will be allowed into the festival site.
- Cold food will be permitted on site.
- Strictly no outside alcohol will be allowed into the festival site.
- Portable chairs are not allowed on site unless pre-arranged. If you need to bring a portable chair with you for your access requirements.
- Ticket holders consent to inclusion in official photographic, visual and audio promotion / recording of the trail.
- Weapons, fireworks, smoke canisters, and other similar articles are not permitted within the festival site.
- We operate a zero-tolerance drug policy. Anyone found using or possessing illegal drugs will be ejected from the site and refused re-admission.
- We have a zero tolerance policy to harassment and abuse of any kind. If you experience or witness harassment or abuse at the festival, please report it to a steward or member of security.
- Final rules to be agreed in conjunction with the licensing committee, police and event organisers.
If the Twilight Trail has to be cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund of the ticket value. Please visit here for more information. Unfortunately purchased tickets and booking fees cannot be refunded under any other circumstances.